This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Putting power meter to sleep

I use an indoor smart trainer and don’t need to use my Rally Power meters. Is there a way to put the power meter to sleep until I need them on the outdoor road? Or do I have to take the battery out?

• The pedals automatically go to sleep after four minutes of inactivity, and they will wake up when they sense pedaling motion.

The sleep current (required to do the wakeup sensing) is quite low, but if you are not going to use the pedals for an extended period of time then it may be a good idea to remove the batteries and avoid them being needlessly discharged. The batteries should be stored in a safe manner - out of reach of small children and animals, and in a manner that they cannot accidentally become short circuited.

• Caroline, You cant "turn off" the pedals (there is no "forced stay in sleep" mode via mobile connect or similar) on your bike in this case, only if You remove the batteries.

• That’s what I thought. Thanks for the verification. I ride a lot indoors and an off mode would be a great way to save battery life when I don’t need all the data. 

• Yeah, i think with normal battery design the Garmin cant implement into it easily (i think there is way to do it in the future, at least i have an idea in my mind Slight smile) , the Assioma has rechargeable battery , there You can turn off the pedals from app (called travel mode) but for restarting You need to wake them up with the charging cable, it gives them a wake up command (if there is no physical method to wake up such a devices then the radio part must work continously to able to receive commands, for a while at least. But probably the Garmin will implement a 2mins "window" into the next fw after the first movement /wakeup phase 1= only app communication if previously the pedals sent to forced sleep/ and if the pedals wont get "wake up phase 2 = full mode with power measurement " command from the app during this 2mins then will go to back to deepsleep and need to wait 2mins fully static position to get to the "starting point" to able to get new commands by radio)