Gradient 0%

Hi all,

my Edge Explore 2 sometimes permanently shows a gradient of 0%. Initially, it also often had trouble with tracking the elevation gain, but that seems to be working now. ClimbPro is triggered correctly and will show a changing remaining average gradient, but the current gradient (indicated in the box above the profile line) reads 0% all the time.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this? Already did a factory reset of the device. It seems to be mostly working at least if I simply track/record without loading a pre-planned course/route. Obivously though, it should ideally also work with navigation/planned routes - especially since that's the only way to have ClimbPro.

Thanks and greetings from Germany

• Yes, I've had this experience as well. It happened once after I added a compass column to my screen matrix, (which displays N, S, W, E). However, it might have been a coincidence. The issue was resolved by turning the GPS off and on again.

Another possible cause of the bug could be that I initiated my ride without a proper GPS signal, such as when I was in my garage.

• Have the same problem. If the device is on standby over night (short press of power button) the problem appears quite often. Then also temperature is frozen at the value it finds upon switch-on. 

If the device starts up from "total off" the problem doesnt show up.

This I could handle, but when switching to standby during a trip pause in order to continue after the pause, the problem appears quite often. This cant be okay. 

Support told me to wash the device rear surface with water and dry on air. They say it deals with the sensor wholes at the back.

Did it, problem occurs again.

• One more "advice" from support that makes no sense

• I've noticed that too, it behaves like that after putting the device on standby, unfortunately, sometimes it wakes up by itself after being shut down. What a crap. This is my firts Garmin and it has problems on every ride.

• I noticed the same behaviour. It seems a bit random, but it happens more often after pausing and turning off the device. Sometimes the elevation data is recorded (and showing up in Garmin Connect/Strava) but something there is no elevation data at all

Garmin, please fix this problem!

• Same problem here with gradient 0% while ridding with newly bought device explorer 2, @Garmin could you please release a patch many people seem to be impacted