Edge stopped announcing turns while navigation

Did anyone experience that Edge stopped announcing events like turns or deviations from the route while navigating? Today I had a longer ride, and after about 85km I realized that although the navigation was running – the directional arrows were still on the displayed route – it was not responding to anything: I came to an intersection, nothing, I turned off the route, nothing. Pausing and resuming the navigation did not help. What helped was restarting the cruise. It's true that I played around with Edge quite a bit during the ride, changing navigation settings, ClimbPro, but from the moment it last alerted me and when it stopped alerting, I didn’t do anything. Hopefully, this won't happen again, since during the ride I have a screen with data, and the map only pops up when something happens. This time I was lucky to know the route by heart at that point.

It's not a complete problem because you can notice it when it doesn't announce anything, for example, at an intersection, but if there's a long hill without intersections and you descend 20km thinking you're on the right path... and you should have turned left at the top.