Display changes by itself

The display layout is not stable. It will change what data is being displayed in the individual cells at various times. For example, today I stopped for lunch without turning my Edge Explore 2 off. 60 minutes later I found that two of the display cells which had been showing the ride time and the average speed respectively were both showing "Timer" each with a different value!.

On at least one occasion the display layout has changed between switching the device off and switching it on again.

How do I stop this happening?

• This happens all the time to me on my watches. The CIQ Datafields disappear and are replaced by the default timer. I first reported it more than 2 years ago, since then Garmin did not do anything to fix it. The same happens in fr245, fenix6, fr965.

To be honest the disappearing ciq field is nothing compared to the on-device Connect IQ store app that itself disappeared from my EdgeExplore2. Not that it was useful...

In my watches I need to do reset to default for the activity setting. I don't know how that is called on the edge, but if you find it you'll need to set everything up again...