Explore 2 added 7 days to date during planned route; timing remained OK but plus 168 hours?

On the 14th Jan 2024 I was on a pre-planned route (sent from Komoot via ConnectIQ).  About half way into the ride the machine (without need to do so) recalculated the route then returned to normal operation. The correctly planned route was followed.  When I uploaded the data to Strava (post ride) the file showed and elapsed time of 172 hours and 33 minutes.  I checked the gpx file (which I need to submit to Audax UK for verification of ride) and at the point of recalculation it had changed the day of week from the 14th Jan to 21st Jan (yes, a week ahead - time travel). All captured data up to that point shows the correct date, but the date after is a week ahead. Timing itself (hours and minuted is correct).  Any one else had this issue. I have a series of long rides planned over the coming months and planned routes must be recorded accurately.  

It's made a complete mess of my stats!  Any views welcomed, and an explanation of what might of occurred useful.

My explore 2 connects to iPhone 13 with up to date software. Garmin is also up to date.

Ali