This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing Forerunner 255 with Explore 2

Hi,

I have a question about combining Garmin Explore 2 with Forerunner 255.

Is it possible to connect these devices somehow?

By clicking start on Explore 2 and cycling on Forerunner 255 I got "two" activities in the Garmin connect app and a recovery time of 94h (102 kg / 174 cm - Almost three hours of riding in the yellow zone). Isn't that too long? HRV all the time in the green zone.

I was able to make the Forerunner send my heart rate to the Garmin Explore 2, and it is working now.

How to use such a connection so as not to duplicate activities?

Use activities only on the watch? When explore 2 doesn't start, it pops up a message all the time to start a ride (bottom right button).

I am new to the ecosystem - this is my first two devices bought at the same time, so I will be very grateful for information on how to use it properly.

---------------------------------
EDIT:

Okay - I understood that I can use the watch to transmit my heart rate to Explore 2 without starting the activity.

If I use Explore 2 to record a ride, will the recovery data go to my watch by syncing Explore 2 and Forerunner 255 with Garmin Connect?

Will the activity from Explore 2 show up on the watch after syncing?

If I add a made up activity in the garmin connect app it shows up in the watch, so I understand that the app should have no problem sending recovery time and riding activity from the garmin explore to the watch, right?

How should I use it properly?

• What's the question? You answered them in the edit ;)

• My question is if using explore 2 to log cycling activities will functions such as training load, aerobic, anaerobic add up to activities on the watch.

• How? I tested it yesterday and in activity there is only excercise load. Aerobic, anaerobic data are empty in ride summary in garmin connect.

• It's grey on the phone but the colours are there on the watch, and the numbers are correct on the app.

• So are you saying that activities from Explore 2 add to the numbers here, we just don't see them in the activity summary?

• I don't have explore 2 only the one, just to be sure because this could be something that could push me to the 2.

If you do an activity with explore 2 and then sync the fenix, the edge activity will appear in the fenix activity list with proper Aerobic and anaerobic effect.

The effects will correctly appear in the connect trainning status. 

Is this correct? 

• I am actually after test with explore 2 and fr255.

Activity recorded only with explore 2 (fr255 in broadcast hr mode only)

In activity summary you will only see general training load and recovery time without split on aerobic and. There is no info about aerobic/anaerobic effect in numbers (scale from 0 to 5). But Stephane is right.

After syncing this activity with mobile then with FR255 I am able to see activity in watch.

There is still no info about aerobic/anaerobic effect in numbers (scale from 0 to 5) but training effort are splited correctly and numbers are updated when it comes to function showed on the image in this theard.

I do hiit on my bike and there was no change in blue chart when purple and orange was updated so in my opinion it is working ok.

The only one minus in explore 2 for me is fact that there is no any programable interval stopwatch/training asistant which can guide you. You need to keep and count everything in mind.

• The only one minus in explore 2 for me is fact that there is no any programable interval stopwatch/training asistant which can guide you. You need to keep and count everything in mind.

Is'nt this because the Explore 2 is not a dedicated training device like the ..30 / ..40 series?