This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uploading rides

I bought an explorer edge 2.   Works great out on the ride but it takes a long time to upload my ride to Garmin connect.   Any suggestions to speed up the upload process?

• I have the same issue with 2 different units.  Sometimes I have luck after a restart of both unit and phone.  Also, make sure there is not a software update trying to load.  If so, I would suggest using your computer for a software update.

• I have the same problem, mine is all up to date with the latest software

• Any suggestions to speed up the upload process?

You mean upload via Bluetoot, right?
    Because via Garmin Epress there should be no problems.

I also had the problem via Bluetooth.
    I've gotten into the habit of turning off the device after each workout. When restarting at home, it uploads the activity with me since then immediately. Prerequisite is of course the Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.

• Thanks for the advice.  I have also had success with on/off/rebooting, but not something I should have to do.  My older Edges had WiFi which I think solved the problem.

BTW, I am running Connect on Android (Google Pixel specifically).  I wonder if that may have something to do with the problems.

• I have also had success with on/off/rebooting, but not something I should have to do. 

Yes, of course you're right, but the boot process is now really very fast with the new Edge Explore 2 and I also save battery capacity.

• I have an ongoing bugreport emailing every couple of days with Garmin support about a totally different issue, but there they too recommended turning off/on. It didn't help, so it shows how buggy EE2 is even compared to my also buggy fenix6. I don't think Garmin takes EE2 seriously.

• Same issue here, one hour ride - 160 KB did not upload to GCM, have to upload manually using pc and *.fit uploading. 

Trying start activity for 10 secs at home and after end it uploads immediately.