Device crash when recalculating route

Is someone else experiencing device reboot when you deviate from the course and select "recalculate route" from the pop-up?

• Indeed, it's FW related.
    I tried EVERYTHING, still Garmin support does not have solution for it. It's active problem for last few months and still no solution from Garmin side.

We are sitting ducks here, until Garmin do something here.

Shame on you Garmin!

• Mine’s actually been OK recently and seems to have sorted itself out. I haven’t done anything to it other than update the maps to the latest version but no idea if that’s what fixed it or I just got lucky.

Not much help I’m afraid.

• The work around is to disable automatic re-routing and then you will not have automatic restart when device starts to re-route. But this is work around, not the solution!
    You don't have working off-course warning, you don't have re-routing, basically you have faulty device.

For everyday workouts I use Fenix. Edge Explore 2 is only used for navigation purposes and it's not doing it's job.
    I was happy with Edge 830. Sadly I lost it. Now I have this Edge Explore 2 which is not working as advertised.

• UPDATE: I'm happy to say that, just like Phil, it seems that this crash when recalculating route issue ended with map update.
    I did some short tests today, and device has not crashed once!

• I also tried to update maps, crashes on auto re-routing still exists.
    Course Recalculation option needs to be set to Auto Pause in order for device not to crash.
    If you select "Auto Re-route" or "Prompt with Auto Re-route", device will crash when he starts to recalculate.

• Hey man, I resolved the issue.

I suspect it was third party maps being in conflict(?) with the original maps or incompatible(?) with the device when rerouting. AND they crashed the device even when they were INACTIVE it was enough to have them on the device to cause issues.

So, if you, or anyone from the future needs to fix this, just plug your Edge Explore 2 to PC and remove all the maps that you have copied to it (probably gmapsupp.img file or similar), then install only the ones from Garmin Express PC app. Problem should be solved. I later installed third party maps from a different source and it's been fine for something like a week already. I stress tested it by taking a wrong turn as many times as possible just to spite it, no crashes whatsoever after 9 trips, all with full rerouting turned on.

Cheers and good luck :]

• I removed 3rd party maps and tried, problem still existed.
    Then I uninstall all maps from device, made reset to factory settings including deleting everything.
    After that installed official maps, re-routing was working OK.
    After that installed 3rd party maps, re-routing was working OK.
    Seems like something in applying updates is messing on device so you need to delete everything and re-apply it again.
    I'll test it for a few days to see how does it behaves and everybody know the results.

• Did you import your profile from old device? I solved with a factory default and editing profiles from scratch...

• Thank you Scarl, this worked for me!