This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Explore 2 ebike compatibility with Trek Allant+ 7S?

Does the Trek Allant+ 7S have the wireless transmitter to communicate its ebike functionality with the Edge Explore 2? Is there some way I can determine if it can transmit any information by testing it out first with my Garmin Forerunner 245? My watch doesn't pick up anything from the bike thus far — I have no idea it would be expected to or not.

I live in New Zealand. I called Garmin sales support in Australia and spoke with one of their product experts. He was understanding, but he said that Garmin does not have any direct line of communication with Trek so they can determine if the bike is compatible with the Garmin. He also said that the Garmin device may not be returnable if it is not compatible, because technically speaking the product is working to its specifications. It would be up to Garmin management to determine whether they would accept a return.

Interestingly, the power option variant of the Edge Explore 2 is currently unavailable for pre-order in the Australia New Zealand market, and he was unable to provide any information if it ever will be available.

Top Replies

•  certain ebikes with the Shimano STEPS eBike system can pair to our Edge devices and transmit information to the head unit. Other ebikes may be able to pair as individual cadence, speed, and power…

All Replies

•  certain ebikes with the Shimano STEPS eBike system can pair to our Edge devices and transmit information to the head unit. Other ebikes may be able to pair as individual cadence, speed, and power sensors if they can transmit those signals via ANT+ or Bluetooth. I'd recommend reaching out to the manufacturer to see if that particular bike can transmit in that way.

The article HERE lists the compatible Shimano STEPS eBike systems.

• Hello Eric, thank you for your reply. I have now reached out to my local bike dealer, who has in turn reached out to Bosch.

It would be great if Trek USA and Garmin USA were able to jointly create a compatibility matrix so that customers could purchase 3rd party devices like Garmin with confidence. With the situation currently, to guarantee compatibility it's much easier for the customer to default to the head unit system provided by the bike motor's manufacturer.