This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Calculating 0%

If I chose Navigate  or Location search my Explore 2 won’t calculate a route. It always stuck at "Calculating 0%" or just "Calculating". Even if my destination point is only 300m away from my starting point. 

And after that I can't power it off, it freezes on power off display. And after that I must hold Power for 10 seconds to turn on device.

Already made factory reset with no success. Anyone with similar problem? 

• Hello,
    exactly same problem occurs me too.
    I reinstall maps and reset Explore 2, but nothing helped.
    I still have "Calculating 0%" after I choose any location.

• This is a main feature of navigation. I guess we have to wait for another firmware upgrade.

Well done garmin. 

• I reinstaled maps via Garmin Express, As advised in the 1040 thread, but without resolve this problem.
    First time successfully calculating, but second time (another adress) stuck on 0%.
    I hope what Garmin resolve this bug as soon as possible.

• It seems this bug is fixed in latest beta version for 1040. So when can we expect fix for explore 2?

• Could this fix also appear on Explore 2 as soon as possible. I hope.

• Similar issue for me, Edge Explore 2. After calculating for a while it just displays: 'Route calculating error'

• Hello all, thanks for your reports, I want to take a further look into this. Could you reply back with the following: 

1. What country are you located in?
    2. Can we have permission to view your Connect account on our end?
    3. Can I have your permission to reach out to you via email for further troubleshooting?
  • 1. Slovakia
    2. Yes
    3. Yes

I hope this information will help to solve the problem quickly.

• Under what circumstances do you see 'Calculating ..%'? If I have set Turn Guidance to 'ON' for Saved Courses and then select a course for riding, I see a turning circle for a few moments followed by an overview of the course with its height profile and a blue field 'Ride' at the bottom. I do not create a route to the start and the device is ready to ride with my course and showing TBT's immediately. So never see 'Calculating..%'.

The fact that the TBT calculations are done in the background and stored in cache at the moment the device picks your route / track from the 'NewFiles' folder and converts it to a Course is a new approach in the 1040 and the Explore 2 and specially that feature is one of the reasons I have upgraded from an Explore 1.