This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS signal strength vanishing when listening to music

I'm a bike messenger and just upgraded to the new Explore 2 from Explore 1. I'd have multiple devices connected through bluetooth (Bose mini speaker, iPhone, Air pods, go pro, cadence sensors and my Garmin computer) and I never had any problems with device interference with the Explore 1, worked flawlessly, but unfortunately was stolen off my bike

shortly afterwards, I bought the Explore 2 and noticed that as soon as I'd start listening to music connected to my bluetooth speaker (Bose Soundlink) i'd suddenly lose gps strength and wouldn't resume unless I turned off the speaker and stopped the music. I started messing with different orders ( ride, turn on bluetooth and then play music or turn on bluetooth, ride and then play music) but each pattern came to the same outcome, GPS SIGNAL STRENGTH LOSS. 3 or 4 times I noticed it would retain strength but wasn't accurately detecting my speed and would always show me at 2.5 mph when I'm at a stand still.

I switched GPS frequencies from gps and multi-gnss and both had the same outcome.

I also updated tot he latest software and still the same outcome