This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import waypoints from Basecamp

When I connect my Explore 2 to Basecamp on my PC and add Waypoints from BC to my my folder in Explore 2 where the default wapoints from Garmin are stored, I cannot find them on my Explore 2 afterwards, when being disconnected from my PC.

With my Fenix 7 for example, this works fine. I can copy waypoints with Basecamp to my Fenix 7, and afterwards I will find these Waypoints in the navigation menu by using the option "Favourites". Unfortunately thist does not work with Explore 2.

I would be very glad to see this bug fixed.

Thx

Top Replies

All Replies

• What is "my folder" on the Edge Explore 2? BC should copy new wayponts to the folder ..\Garmin\NewFiles on the E2. The E2 processes them from there and make them available as 'Saved Locations'. However, BC still has an infamous bug - the new waypoints are sent to the folder ..\Garmin\GPX and not to ...\NewFiles. You'll have to move the newly placed Waypoints.gpx file containing the waypoints from ...\GPX to ...\NewFiles manually to make them visible / usable on the E2.

• Thanks a lot for this information. I will try this out tonight. With "my folder" I referred to the folder system within BC. Indeed, when I checked the folders on the Edge with Windows Explorer, I found the waypoints in \Garmin\GPX. Even if your workaround will solve the problem, I hope Garmin will fix this because it's very annoying to use the workaroung. 

• the workaround that  mentioned is currently the best way to transfer your waypoints from BaseCamp to your Explore 2. BaseCamp has been discontinued so there are no plans on making any improvements or change any features on this program at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience.