This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Finally time to replace my 810

I've had my 810 for 8 years and it's still a very usable device, just the battery life is fading (though weirdly it got better after a bad patch last year, with the same weekly usage pattern). 

The Explorer 2 looks to be exactly what I'm looking for, I don't care for workouts and training metrics, I'm a commuting, club run and touring kinda bloke. 

The only thing that might bug me after reading DC's review is the 3  fixed activity profiles. Ok I get that Garmin need to differentiate the diffrent models, but so little flexibility with the usage types seems a little off. One can only hope a future firmware update at least allows the 3 fixed profiles to be renamed.

On the subject of updates, it's probably wishful thinking, but what are the chances of the unit being usable from the off?!? Have the latest Sony chipset based units been more reliable, and not so much alpha test units, at launch???

Top Replies

All Replies