Navigation - Stop vs. Pause

Not a question as much as feedback and a desire to have a function "fixed"

My previous Edge computers only gave the option to stop or cancel navigating a route. On my 840, I've noticed this annoying "feature" when I go off of the route that I'm supposed to be riding (often intentionally because I've decided to reroute or do something else) I can't stop navigating anymore. The option I'm given instead is to pause, and even then, that's not really working as it continues to annoy me with routing alerts. I've noticed that if I rejoin the route, the option to stop comes back (replacing the option to pause).

The only way I've been able to stop navigating in this situation is to load up another route and immediately stop that. A clumsy work around and just generally frustrating.

I don't mind the pause function (if it worked) but really it should be in addition to stopping/canceling, not instead of, if it's there at all.

• If you haven't already have a look at Menu > Activity Profiles > (Select Profile) > Navigation > Routing

Most of the options will impact "Routing" but you might be specifically interested in the Course & Route Recalculation settings. I get best results from Course Recalculation set to Auto Pause (ie it stops notification until you re-join the Course and it picks up again from there) and Route to Off. Up to you to find your way back to the course, where ever you pick, using the course line on the map

• In this case, if I've gone off route but intend to go back to it, I don't think I'd want to pause notifications. This sounds like another issue though if it does pause the notifications from the options setting but not when I explicitly ask it to pause from the button on the map screen.

My main issue is that it won't let me stop it once I've gone off course.