840 connecting/disconnecting with phone every 5-15 seconds

Since a few weeks my Edge 840 started disconnecting constantly with my phone I guess; even if they are 30-50 cm apart.

My phone has no issues with other devices as I'm always playing music, via bluetooth with my phone. I hear no interference during the listening.

It's really annoying as my forerunner is constantly giving a notification from the Garmin Connect app. Any idea?

I'm running the latest firmware on my 840, version 20.19

My Garmin Connect app is running 4.77.0.30

The edge and my phone are next to each other right now, just to give an idea:

• I have a similar issue, both after disabling WiFi and re-pairing the 840. Not sure what the cause is, but it didn't start happening until fairly recently (I'm enrolled in the beta program).

• I do have the same issue. Its annoying because Live Track will not work when the phone is disconnected. I am running iOS 17.4.1, Garmin Connect App is 4.77.1.2 and Edge is 20.19. I can’t remember when it started disconnecting/reconnecting but it came with the latest fw version. Any idea what I could do?

• I've had contact with Garmin Support, they suggested cleaning out the connection with iPhone Garmin Connect <-> Edge 840; it did not help or fix the issue. The application stopped sending notifications in general, but i can see during my rides it's constantly disconnecting/connecting.

Translated response:

Thank you for contacting Garmin Support. We are happy to assist you further.

You indicate having an issue with the connection between Garmin Connect and your device's Bluetooth connection. The following link may help in this regard: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=9BcXLSQ4A22gasLarkUvH6

We recommend that you first install the most recent software on your device and phone.

Then, we would ask you to follow the steps below;

!If you log in with the same email address and password, your data will still be in the Connect app!

Open Garmin Connect and remove your Garmin device, then delete the app from your phone: https://support.garmin.com/nl-NL/?faq=6UmJlAJyLr3f4m32blkLY5
    Go to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
    Turn off your Garmin device.
    Forget or delete the Bluetooth connection from your Garmin device. Also, remove the connection from the old phone if necessary.
    Please note; this is an important step
    Then also turn off the phone and let it stay off for at least one minute
    After at least one minute, turn the devices back on
    Download the Garmin Connect app again.
    Put your device into pairing mode.
    Turn on your phone's Bluetooth.
    Go to Garmin Connect and select Add Device*
    *Garmin Connect > More > Garmin Devices > add device
    Follow the steps to pair your device again.

We hope you have been helped to your satisfaction.

For more information or other questions, please refer to our chat function: http://support.garmin.com/nl-NL/

Kind regards,

After notifying them that it didn't fix/help for the issue they suggested to send my edge 840 to them, this will take 5-15 workdays. This is really an unfortunate time for me as I'm preparing for a major event.

Thank you for contacting Garmin Support. We are here to assist you further.

Due to a possible defect in your device, we suggest that you send your device to us for inspection. We will then assess whether we can repair the device. If this is not possible, we will exchange the device for you.

If your device is still within the two-year warranty period, we can replace the device free of charge. If the device was purchased outside of Europe, a different warranty period may apply. To initiate this process, we need the following information from you:

The serial number of your device
    Your full name
    Your address, postal code, and city
    The proof of purchase*
    Description of the problem
    Photos and/or videos of your defect if possible. Please upload these via the following secure link: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=x1XUrzdeRx84EnUCQHEKM8
    *Please ensure that your proof of purchase states where the item was bought, the date of purchase, and the purchased item. We cannot accept a proof of purchase that does not contain this information.

With this information, we can verify if the device is under warranty. External damage is generally never covered by the warranty.

If the device is no longer under warranty, we cannot replace the device free of charge. If you wish to submit the device for evaluation, you will receive instructions on how to send your device after responding to this email. The evaluation of your device typically occurs within 5 to 15 business days from receipt. Please note, the evaluation offer is valid for three months.

Your device may be replaced with a newly overhauled (NOH) device. This is a device that has been returned to Garmin to be refurbished in the factory. NOH devices undergo extensive testing to meet the same specifications as newly manufactured devices and to ensure our high quality standards.

We hope that you have been assisted to your satisfaction.

For more information or other questions, please refer to our chat function: http://support.garmin.com/nl-NL/

Kind regards,

@Garmin please have another look/reply.