LCD Display Problem?

I'm wondering if my 1 week old 840 could have some kind of screen misalignment or defect in the LCD display? Along the right edge of the screen (vertically, on the ride, that is), there seems to be a very thin (less than 1mm) "shadow" almost every time when I ride with it. I'm not sure how to describe it best and I'm not sure I can capture it on camera, but basically, it appears as if there were a darker tint in the white background of the display along that thin vertical line. My backlight is set to turn off after 15 seconds, so most of the time I ride with no backlight, but I can still see it. It looks like a "shadow" cast by the edge of the bezel, even though I see no difference between the edges and the bezels on the left and right side (and there is not such "shadow" on the left side in comparison). I thought that it might be caused by the direction and angle of the sun, and sometimes it is less visible (if the sun is sharply to the right of my Edge), but it is still visibly different from the edge on the opposite (left) side.

Could this be the result of some minor misalignment of the edge of the screen in the device (which I cannot see with naked eye)? Or is it some defect in the display itself? It's a minor thing but I still find it very annoying, and I was wondering if anyone has experience sth. similar (even on non-840 Edge models)? I've never seen anything likes this on previous Garmins I owned (810, 820, 830)

• Sorry about the typos: In the second sentence it should read "(vertically, on the right, that is)" And the last but one sentence (question) should read "if anyone has experienced"

• I've tried to capture it on camera. See the right edge (loosely marked with red): basically, it's a thin vertical line that's darker than the rest of the screen, even with the backlight turned off. Sometimes (depending on which direction light comes from outdoors) it's not visible, but it cannot just be shadow caused by the sun because there is not such dark line running down the opposite edge on the left (regardless of the angle from which light comes)

Photos

• Second picture shows it well.  My 840 screen is completely uniform with no shadowing like that.  Agree it's a minor imperfection, but certainly grounds to get it replaced by the dealer or Garmin if you want to do that.  Incidentally, what IQ data field is that showing GPS, battery, grade and elevation?

• Thanks. I'm having second thoughts now as I just got back from a ride in brilliant sunny weather, and depending on which side the sun hit my trails, the shadow would sometimes disappear on the right and appear on the left, so it might be cast by the bezel. Still, it does tend to appear more on that right side in overcast weather conditions, which makes me believe that it could still be an issue with the screen (even if a relatively minor one). I might get it replaced, as it bothers me.

• One of the better rated Grade apps (forgot which one). But I don't really like it (grade fluctuates too wildly)

• In your second pic, you're standing next to a widow on your right, and the shadow line is also on the right.  If you turn 180 degrees and have the window on your left, does the shadow line appear on the left side?  If so, it's just a shadow.

• I've experimented a lot with that outdoors in sunshine. While the shadow itself would obviously switch sides when rotated 180 degrees, there was clearly sth wrong on the right side, as there was that darker, blurry edge even in overcast weather. I've had it replaced with another unit, which doesn't have that issue