Calories Burned from my Edge 840 Solar activity was not added to Active Calories of the day

So yesterday was my first ride with my new Edge 840 Solar, made a 93km ride which was very nice. I used Komoot Maps as primary maps for this ride. All sensors (heart, cadence, speed, etc.) seem to be working. I was a bit disappointed that it had no interaction with my Garmin Epix Pro 2 watch, maybe I am missing something.

When I finished my ride it all seems great and stored it nicely and synchronized to Garmin Connect like it should, HOWEVER, for some reason the Calories Burned from my activity was not added to the "Active" calories in Garmin Connect like it normally would whenever I am using my Epix Pro 2 watch. When I Googled this, more people seem to have experienced the same thing. How can I fix this?

• I have been experiencing this for ages. I currently have a case opened with Garmin support Fingers crossed

• Edge 840 & Fenix 7 - I have the same problem... Did You get any answer from Garmin support?

• Garmin acknowledged the issue about a year and said they were working on a fix but nothing appears to have happened as yet.

• Not heard back from them yet. Garmin opened the case on 14th March. Will let you know if they offer a solution Fingers crossed

• Incredibly. A year long problem and still not resolved. Dear Garmin, I have recently invested a lot of money in your devices only to find out that each of them has absolutely fundamental problems that you do not solve in any way and communicate with customers only minimally. I bang my head against the wall and tell myself what a fool I am.

• Same issues here with Edge 840 + Epix Pro + HRM pro plus belt. Most of the time especially when riding with power meter calories data is all messed up

• Lately, a combination has been working for me, where I record cycling activity on the watch and the Edge 840 at the same time. I first end the activity on the watch and then on the Edge 840. Then I connect both devices to the PC and synchronize. Finally, I delete the activity from the watch and keep the recording from Edge only. After a few minutes and a few syncs, everything is adjusted as it should be. Myfitnesspal entries will even be adjusted correctly over time. The watch is still my primary workout and wearable device. I have the HRM PRO Plus connected to both the watch and the Edge 840 during the activity.

• I still forgot. If I want to trigger the update of calories in Myfitnesspal after deleting the activity from the watch in Garmin Connect, I start a short activity only on the watch, for example walking, for a few seconds, save it, and after uploading it to Garmin Connect, everything updates correctly in Myfitnesspal. I will then delete the walking activity. But only exceptionally. If I use the procedure described earlier, then in about ten minutes everything is synchronized and the calories are adjusted as they should be by Garmin in Myfitnesspal. In Myfitnesspal, I have the negative calorie adjustment option enabled if that makes a difference.