This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

840 drops all sensors when starting an activity

840 loses connection with all sensors when starting an activity.  If i soft reset the 840 on restart all sensors connect again.

840 Solar, Varia front light, Varia Radar, Vector 3 pedals, wahoo tickr HR strap.

• I recognized the same :(

• Every ride it keeps happening!

• thank you all for your participation in this thread, can you please send me a direct message referencing this thread with the following info?

• software version of the Edge
    • Do we have permission to view your account?
    • What country are you in?
    • Are you starting the Edge out of sleep mode or was it fully powered off before starting the ride?
    • Do all sensors drop at the same time?
    • Are you navigating a course?

Thank you again! 

• This has been happening for me, too, but only with the Varia RTL515.

I find that I need to turn off my 840, unpair the light/radar, and then go through the pairing process again to get it connected.

But it will no longer connect once I put my 840 back on standby. It seems that a full shutdown is necessary.

My (non-Garmin) HR sensor and cadence sensor don't have this problem.

The 840 and RTL515 are both on the latest firmware.

• Hello, (sorry for my bad English I'm using the translator), I too have problems with the sensors (but not always), the cadence sensor and the heart rate monitor are not recognized (I have not tried with light or pedals with power sensor ), to have the sensors recognized, I have to remove and then reconnect the sensors, I have the latest software version, it happens when I start the garmin from off, I live in Italy, thanks, I await your reply

•  . I notice the xx.79 Beta for x30 devices which had one item, 

• A fix to address sensor dropout issues experienced by some customers

seems to have been closed without Garmin comment or wrap-up after 3 months and 130 user testing feed-back reports.

Did it illuminate causes of or solutions to the dropout issue for Garmin x30 devices and perhaps more generally then for x40 too. As far as I can see there was no overwhelming result either way?

I have only ever had dropouts when using my (out of warranty) Tacx smart trainer, I tried the beta on my old 530 but the Tacx blew something internal, (not related to beta), on my second test ride and is now dead, so I am stuck with outdoors riding, good thing the (southern) summer appears to have arrived early, think it’s going to be hot.

• I continue to have problems with the sensors that are not recognized (cadence and heartbeat) to solve the problem I have to eliminate the sensors and do the procedure to search and associate the sensors, then during training it's fine,this is very annoying for a product that costs 599 euros

• I had the same problem when using a third party data field. Now I don't use it anymore and everything is ok.

• what did you use?

• If I remember correctly, the problem was probably the MY EDGE2 field.