This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Quarter Turn Mount

Hello

I just got my Garmin 840 today. It's replacing a Edge 1030. I use a Cervelo Caledonia with a front mount faceplate that has the Garmin receptacle on top and a GoPro mount on the bottom to add a camera. The 1030 fit perfectly into the mount, the 840 does not. It jiggles. Is this something different with the size of the quarter turn on the 840 or the mount on the bike?

Thanks

George

• The Garmin 1/4 turn mount has not changed.  I would guess that this issues is due to manufacturing tolerances of the mount and Garmin units which just happens to cause your 1030 to have a tighter fit.

• Agree. My 840 does not fit as snugly into the various mounts I have on my bikes as do my other Edge units. The 840 is different in that it has a replaceable mounting piece and it may be related to the design or tolerances of that. 

• Having the same issue on another Garmin mount. 130 & 130+ are rock solid in the mount - but the 840 is loose and rattling in the mount.  The quarter turn take almost no resistance.

Not sure the rattling/bouncing is doing the unit any good?    The charge port door has rattled out while riding too.   Not to mention fear the Edge might pop off during MTB rides

• Here to say I have the same issue.  Genuine Garmin mounts, my 530 was nice and snug in the mount, my new 840 is loose and jiggles, turning in with almost no tension.

• Sitting on the table, you can definitely see the 840 sits a little bit higher.  I also took a video on how loose the 840 is.  I apologize these don't show as pics, no idea why. 

And then a pic of them back to back, making sure I'm off the back plate.  You can see the 840 is a fraction taller.