This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Turn-by-turn directions

Hi all,

I've disabled turn-by-turn directions and route recalculation. Nevertheless, when driving a route, the white arrow and the beep appear. On my Edge 830, only the colored line and the small arrows appeared on the map. How can I turn off the annoying beeping every time I change direction?

Thx

• In earlier 1040 software versions the Turn Guidance switch did not work and guidance was always provided regardless of the switch option selected, it seemed to be fixed but recent betas have raised a doubt as to the return of the “feature”, perhaps the 540/840 have inherited this now, I note a new software version is out for all x40s about an hour ago. Good luck with the navigation as it has a few issues on the 1040 including “ghost courses”, even with guidance disabled.

• Thanks for your answer. Then I hope that a coming update will fix this issue. 

• It is not mentioned in any of the new version x.26 release notes, has been occurring on the 1040 since release, almost a year,  so I am not expecting any surprise fix, it is very annoying but random, some BUG related to the route caching even when Turn Guidance is disabled, navigation is supposed to be Garmin’s core expertise?

Let us know if it is corrected on your 840 after the new release, I am holding off for a few weeks, some important qualifying rides coming up I don’t want to risk with new software.

• Hi all,

I have now installed version 9.26 and made two or three rides. Unfortunately, the problem with the unwanted turn-by-turn directions still exists.
    And then I also noticed the following: I often navigate with waypoints and have the distance to the next waypoint displayed on the map. This works as long as I stay on the track. If I leave it and come back later, the white arrows are gone and "884 m" appears in the data field (see screenshot) and stays there for the whole time.
    And curious is that on the screenshot the altitude profile appears, on the display this afternoon it was not visible.
    Dear Garmin people: I do not understand why this feature worked fine on my Edge 830 and now no longer on the new, expensive Edge 840.
    I would really appreciate it if this function would run properly again.