Wifi not working

I realized that the WiFi connection does not properly work. 
Komoot connection and download of courses works only when my iPhone phone connected via Bluetooth is near. 
With the 830 Wi-Fi worked seamless. Just double checked both devices beside each other at the same place in the same network.

during setup procedure the Wi-Fi connection seems properly set up with no error message. I can see this also in the protocol of the router. But during later use I found out that neither Komoot, AccuWeather or any other online functionality of the edge 840 is working without the iPhone being connected via Bluetooth. Also the Wi-Fi icon in the top row of the screen never appears in bright white color  just in grey the first 20 seconds after switching the Garmin on  

I‘m really disappointed that on a 600€ device the simple Wi-Fi connection doesn’t work as it used to do a n the predecessor. 
I hope somebody from GARMIN reads this forum and takes care to fix this essential topic ASAP. 

• Yes

yes

usa

(signed up for beta but has not uploaded yet) 

• Hello, 

I am having Wifi sync errors as well. Not sure if that is related to my issues I will outline below but one can assume it is likely related

What I I have noticed is Wifi sync will fail when I try syncing through "Connected features>Wifi" on the Edge 840 but I assume bluetooth is working fine because my activities are being uploaded to Garmin Connect App on my phone. 

What I have found that isnt working is that Garmin Connect and my Fenix 7X are not "syncing" but some Edge 840 data. 

Specifically that I can see the following are not updating from the Edge 840

Intensity minutes - My Edge 840 shows 807 minutes while Garmin Connect and my Fenix 7X shows 477

Garmin Connect shows only 34 IM today but I also rode my bike for 2 hours and 18 minutes which shows as 243 Intensity minutes on the Edge 840. So it updated the data from the Fenix 7X but not the Edge 840

Training status load is also incorrect - Garmin Connect shows 946 where the Edge 840 shows 953

Activate calories are not updating (from the 840 to Garmin Connect - Says only 183 Active calories today) I rode my bike (Edge 840 for 2hours and 18 minutes) and walked the Dog (Fenix 7X for 40 minutes) 

I have connected the Edge 840 to my laptop via USB C and Garmin Express and hit the Sync button but no change to the above data. 

• Same issue here and my network is not hidden. On my iPhone, I can see numerous networks in the area. However, on my Edge 840, I can only see a couple of networks like printers. I still have my Edge 830 and it like the phone show all the surrounding networks. The 840 is updated to 9.09.

This is not good for a device that I just bought last Friday (04/22/2023). It a good thing that I kept the receipt. I may return it sometime this week if there is not a fix in the next few days.

• Search for Wi-Fi updates is working but Wi-Fi Sync shows  "Sync Failed" after showing "Transfer in Progress" for a bit. 

From Garmin Connect app I can succesfully test the Wi-Fi network and that test make the Wi-Fi icon show up in the status bar, If I click "Wi-Fi Sync" and go back to the main screen I get to see the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Syncing icon for a few seconds. The Wi-Fi icon does not show up in the status bar while Wi-Fi is ON 

I'm in the USA running FW 9.09, you can access my connect acount and have permission to email me. 

• Same issue for me zs here above… while my 830 is working perfectly with the Wifi…. My Edge840 give me No error connection when I configured the wifi ( pw longer than 8…. WPA2.  Ssid visible)….. but the sync failed

any help?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Garmin-Amy

I own a 540, but the problem is the same. Wifi connection only works with WPA2. But no syncing.
    Great, the usual alpha firmware experience with new Garmin products..

1. yes

2. yes

3. germany

4. 9.09

• Same here.

1. yes

2. yes

3. Germany

4. 9.09

Wifi network visible.

Channels limited to 1-11

Password lenght okay.

Garmin App Wifi check successful

• All, thank you for your participation in this forum thread. The Wi-Fi sync failed error has been resolved in beta 9.23. To update your Edge to this firmware, see - Enrolling in and Learning About Garmin Beta Software Program

• What about the rest of us who paid good money for our devices and do not want to be in a “BETA” program in order for our devices to work as advertised? 

• If you would prefer not to enroll in the Beta program, you can wait for the full release of the software once it has gone through beta testing. You can also contact your local support team to see if you can find a workaround in the meantime.