Strava Segments Notice

Hi,

There is only one Strava segment about which I care, but I care a lot about that one.  Occasionally, my Garmin 830 will pop up a notice that I'm about to start that segment, and keep me informed about how I'm doing relative to my best time on the segment.  But mostly, it doesn't.

Is there a way to get it to do that every single time for that segment, but not bother me with any others?

Thanks.

• You can disable segments individually  on the Edge.

It might be quicker to disable them all, then re-enable the one you want.

Training -> Strava Live Segments -> Hamburger menu button right -> Enable/Disable -> Disable all

Then go back to the list of segments and find the one you want to enable, select it and scroll to enable live feedback

• You can disable segments individually  on the Edge.

It might be quicker to disable them all, then re-enable the one you want.

Training -> Strava Live Segments -> Hamburger menu button right -> Enable/Disable -> Disable all

Then go back to the list of segments and find the one you want to enable, select it and scroll to enable live feedback

This "recipe" does not work on any on my Garmin Edge devices, including 1040.

There is no "Training" menu, but at the top status screen I can scroll right to find "Segment Explore". But there's no "Hamburger menu button right" there. It's just a list of segments, and it usually does not show the segment I am interested in and have starred in Strava (and synced to Garmin). I have ensured that I have less than 100 starred segments in Strava.

So I thought, maybe you meant inside the Garmin Connect app? But also there it does not work. I can find "Training & Planning" --> "Segments" but then it just tells me to use Strava to select segments...

My use case is that I am going to do a race, in a particular course that is created as a Strava segment. I have also created a Strava course that includes this segment (i.e., starting from home, going to the race start area, through the race course, and back home).

Since Garmin completely refuses to give an Live segment feedback during navigation/courses, I can follow the course to Start of the race, but then I have to stop the course if I want Live segments. Even then, it is plain luck if any segments pop up, and they are usually some random segments that I have never starred in Strava. It is certainly not the race course.

I have tried to un-star, sync, then re-star the segment and sync again. No difference. The segment does not pop up during the race, and it never shows up in "Segment Explore" on the Edge 1040.

• The instructions I gave are for 830 as that is the forum post.

On a 1040 

Scroll down the home page glances to Training then -> Strava Live Segments -> 3 dot menu top right hand corner of screen -> Enable/Disable 

• That was a very nonintuitive placement of those options, but now I've managed to disable all except the race course for tomorrow. Thank you!

Excited to see if it'll work better Slight smile