Can't install routable cycle map of Europe 2024 on my Edge 830.  It just keeps saying there was an error installing the update.

My 830 is fully up to date.  Never had a problem before with map updates.  I use Garmin Express on a MAC laptop.

• If support can't help do the following:

- backup your setting like this (quote from a support article):

When the Edge is connected to the computer, it will create a drive in (My) Computer [PC] or on the desktop [Mac]. By selecting the drive, a number of folders within the Garmin folder will appear. These folders represent the following:

• Locations - contains Locations.fit file that stores saved location(s)

• Records - contains Records.fit file that stores personal records you have achieved

• Settings – contains Settings.fit file which stores user profile, device settings and bike profiles

• Sports – contains each activity profile as a separate file

• Totals – contains Totals.fit file which stores device totals for time and distance

• Weight - contains Weight.fit files obtained from a Tanita platform

Also backup the complete 'GARMIN' volume (just for safety).

Format the 'GARMIN' volume with FAT32 file system and afterwards restore everything via GarminExpress again. When done, copy back your settings: copy all *.fit files from the above quote to the 'GARMIN/NewFiles' folder and restart your Edge. Settings should be there and you should have the latest maps installed as well.

As the file naming is quite cryptic it hard to find out which name is the current map file for Europe, because then you could also try to remove it (would move it to your Mac) and try to install the map with GarminExpress again.

• Thank you.  A day later I tried again and the maps updated ok after starting off saying the update would take about 24 hours but actually taking about 2 in total.  I'll see if I can close this item.

• Yeah, sometimes download speed is amazingly slow. It often helps to cancel it and restart again. I did the update yesterday in 26min. Afterwards Edge got stuck while booting! Stuck out tongue winking eye But it's alive again after a hard reset.