Assigning different bikes (gear) to different activity profiles. MTB, Gravel, Road, etc.

I have an Edge 840 and would love to be able to assign different bikes to different activity profiles. MTB, Gravel, Road, etc. Is there any chance Garmin could add this?!

• Just change the activity profiles name to the name of the bike or create new ones.

• Same here. It is so annoying that this is not supported. When riding multiple bikes we now have to manually change the equipment used after the activity is uploaded to Garmin Connect. It would be a very useful feature to be able to assign a specific bike to a specific activity. 

• If I understand correctly, you want Garmin to assign a specific bike to a profile. How do you propose to handle different bikes for the same profile. Road, I ride more than one road bike, Gravel, my good gravel bike or the winter beater? Hike, different shoes/boots depending on terrain and weather.

• We don't want Garmin to assign a specific bike to a profile. As a user we want to be able to assign a specific bike to a profile. Not interested to assign accessories such as shoes or boots although that could also be handled in the same way.  

• It can be handled just as Strava does it.  You would choose each primary bike that you most often use for "Road" or "MTB" or "Gravel".  If you happen to ride a different bike for that activity type, then you manually change it for that ride.  Garmin should just do exactly what Strava has done.

• I agree with this approach. Strava has a default bike and shoe. Ridewithgps has a default bike. This would certainly work well for most.

• Garmin should just give us some rules on how to apply gear. If you want to assign a default bike to an activity (ride, gravel, indoor): do it.

What I would love: Assign Sensors to bikes, I rarely to never change my speed sensors, so it would be easy to say "if this sensor was part of the Activity -> Bike A". Or use any other sensor, I never swap my power meters between the bikes for example.

I still think it would be pretty easy and customers ask about this feature here on the forums for 5+ years now :-/

• Garmin has the "infrastructure" in place but does not use it to it's full potential: when you define/edit a piece of equipment in connect.garmin.com you can set it up as primary equipment for a certain activity, but for cycling there is only one choice: cycling. Just as it is for other types of activities like hiking, swimming, etc.

Strangely for activities in Connect you can choose various subtypes of activities for cycling, walking, swimming, etc etc.

• I cannot even name my sensors thus I have

Speed Sensor 2

Speed Sensor 2 (2)

Speed Sensor 2 (3)

and then you have to remember which one is on which bike. So annoying. They invest so much into reworking the dashboard design, what nobody asked about, and then there is no time left to put work into actual and functional improvements. :-/

• You should be able to edit the names from within the Sensors menu in the 530.  I have all mine named specifically for each bike (total of three on mine as well).  530 for me, but should be the same.