This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 830 firmware 9.8

I just updated my Edge 830 to firmware 9.80 as shown in the photo. I can’t for the life of me find any info online about this new firmware and what it actually fixes / improves on.

anyone here has any idea? Mine is the 830 Asia model. 

• Odd? What was the software version before the update?
    The standard X30 devices are on 6.75 (1030+), 13.75 (1030) & 9.75 (830/530) but essentially all the same software), where was (still is) a beta (x.79) from early May 23 that had hoped to fix sensor dropouts but there was no user consensus either positive or negative, most users concluding it did little, more than 100 reports but nothing (at all) from Garmin and the user comments were closed in late August without any Garmin observation or next action or production release. So is 830 Asia version 9.80 an update on the 9.79 beta or a “fix” for some Asia specific issues? Hopefully you will be able to report all issues (mostly dropouts) have been resolved and the rest of us will get it too for our x30s and even x40s, (while I mostly use my 1040 I have a much loved 530 in the reserve draw), Hope it performs well for you

PS This Garmin page (Hong Kong) decribes the 9.80 version and the previous version seems to have been 9.73 (not 9.75 as per standard devices) so the 9.80 mnght only be just a catchup to the standard rather than including the 9.79 beta change ?

https://www.garmin.com.hk/products/intosports/edge-830-chn/#updateTab (you have to select the "start download" button which takes you to the 9.80 info page)

The 9.80 (Asia) update seems to only be offered for 530 & 830, not 1030 Plus or 1030.

• Don't hope for any updates for the x30 with the x40 out there. Unfortunately.