This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

edge 800

Hello everybody,

I know this is not the appropriate place, but there is no forum dedicated to the 800 anymore, and this is where I usually come with my problems that I may have with my 830. I have a friend who gave me his Edge 800 because the device turns off after a few KM, the memory is full and I really haven't found any large files or anything else, so I want to do something something radical.
I now want to do a full restore, format, clean as it came out of the factory box?
How can I do this

Thank you already,

• I mean really complete new firmware not the Hard Reset or something like that

• You may know...
    If the 800 has been connected to a PC with MAC OS then a Trash folder will be created, which can eat all the free memory on the 800. When you delete files, space is not free'd but moved to Trash. Did you check? If present, empty the Trash and use a tool to remove the Trash folder completely. Continue to maintain the 800 using a Windows PC.

• Thanks a lot for your advise, it is not what I has in mind, but you put me on the good way, indeed connect a unit on a Mac is not the same like on Windows PC.

I have clean the memory, re-instal the firmware 2,7 and it works correctly again.

If I has know that before I do not change my last 830

The only thing left, the turn by turn guidance do not work anymore, how do I have to configurate that, I realy do not remember ?

• Turn Guidance On or Off is a setting for each individual course.
    Main menu / Courses / Select course / Settings (wrench) / set Turn Guidance Off or On. Here you have more settings like Virtual partner On or Off, etc..
    Don't throw away the 800 - it is one of the most reliable straightforward navigation devices for cycling. Replacement batteries are still available easily.

• damn ... yes !!! stupid me !!!
    Thanks again
    I keep all my Garmin , 705, 800, 820, 2 X 830(pffff)
    They call me Garmin ... Jean Garmin :)