This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incidet detection way too sensitive

Stopping at the end of my commute triggers the alarm with ~80% probability. One would expect that even if the trigger is overly sensitive, the device will learn that I am turning it off almost every single day at the same place and roughly same time after exactly the same route being cycled.

Same goes for stop-signs, intersections, red lights, railroad crossings, etc. etc. Also, cycling on perfectly even paved surface, Edge 830 cheers for my 2.9m long jumps after just changing the direction.

The whole thing overly sensitive to the point of being completely useless. If my wife gets false alarm every single day, how she can be expected to act on a real one once I really crash?

I have seen a few threads towards this same effect on this forum, dated years to the past. Is Garmin planning to do something about that and if so when?

Top Replies

•  says "touch and hold the screen", but my experience is that cancelling the alarm on the Garmin Edge itself is not enough. It is required to take out the phone and cancel it there, otherwise it…

• I am not sure, but until it says that the alarm was cancelled. Despite Garmin Edge saying that, the phone keeps wailing though, until I cancel it there. The phone is Android.

All Replies