This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 830 still capable in 2023

Hello, I am thinking about getting a proper bike computer in addition to my fenix6. I would like the bigger screen for navigation and more data screens. Because I dont need all the fancy new stamina training metrics and the new gps (I have a speed sensor anyway) I hesitate taking one of the newer x40 models. Is there anything of you 830 users, which you hate these days in using a 830?

the other alternative would be the wahoo bolt 2, which would be my first choice, if it was part of the garmin ecosystem…

greetings  from italy

• I am still happy with my 830.  I have been happy with it since I bought it.  Nothing has changed in how it works with the release of newer models.

• ... still using it almost every other day. Works like a charm. I'm using the Venu 2 Plus to send pulse data to the 830.

• Still reasonably happy with my 830. Use it during holidays for routing and finding addresses and POIs. Send Komoot routes to it, mainly. Would love it if Garmin would produce a cheap fast device with good screen and rerouting capability but without all the fancy features you mention. Just a GOOD gps device. Not every Garmin user is 25, or millionaire.