This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Garmin Edge 830 was used in the rain yesterday. Now it is stuck, with the screen showing 'GARMiN' brightly for 3 aeconds, the 'GARMIN' faintly for 3 seconds, then a blank screen for one second, before repeating the cycle.

It was working for a while after my return, but the above cycle began when I tried to switch it off...

• it sounds as though your Edge is stuck in a boot loop. To resolve this:

1. Plug the Edge into a personal computer (using the Garmin cable)
    2. Locate the Edge drive. (Windows key + E for Windows, Finder > devices for Mac)
    3. Enter the Garmin folder.
    4. Locate and delete the NewFiles folder.
    5. Safely eject then disconnect the Edge, allow it to boot up.
  • Good plan, but unfortunately the unit continually switches on and off during the loop, so I cannot access the Garmin folder to delete the New Files folder...

•  Try forcing your Edge to mount to the computer:

1. Safely eject and disconnect the device from the computer.
    2. Power the device off.
    3. Press and hold the LAP button (bottom left).
    4. Plug the device into the computer while continuing to hold the lap button.
    5. Wait until the device is recognized by the computer (may take up to 30 seconds).
  • Unfortunately I still could not get the device to show on the computer. Powering the device off  is only possible by holding down both the power button and the Lap button at the same time, The computer does not seem able to open the Garmin folder whether the device is switched on or off...Do you have any options for return?

• Check to make sure the cable you're using is either a Garmin cable or a data cable. Using a regular USB cable would only charge the Edge, and would not allow it to be recognized by your computer as a drive.

If using a Garmin cable makes no difference, please reach out to your local Garmin Support Team for further assistance.