This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Trainer ride - Indoor Cycling or Virtual Cycling

I have been using my trainer (Saris H3) connect to the Edge 830 to re-ride standard routes. Some of the rides are logged as "Indoor Cycling" and others as "Virtual Cycling". I have started them all the same, by selecting "Navigation", picking the route, and riding. Why are they captured as different activities?

The only difference I see besides the name, is that a "Virtual Cycling" activity will also send the map image to Strava while the "Indoor Cycling" will not. Both show a map of the virtual ride in Garmin Connect.

Thanks for any insight.

Top Replies

• Since you are riding a Course using your Indoor Cycling Profile, our expectation is that this would upload as a Virtual Cycling activity. That being said, I would recommend starting these…

All Replies

• Since you are riding a Course using your Indoor Cycling Profile, our expectation is that this would upload as a Virtual Cycling activity. That being said, I would recommend starting these activities using the steps outlined in this Link rather than going to the Navigation menu first. This may be the reason for the inconsistent behavior.