This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrong altidue Edge 830 SW 9.5

Edge show wrong altidue ,Same record on Edge 830 and Fenix 6X Pro 

Top Replies

All Replies

• I would suggest calibrating both devices. Then test it on your next ride to see if resolved. 

Edge 830 Calibrate

Fenix calibrate

Your local support team will be able to gather further information from you and offer troubleshooting. If a replacement is necessary, they will be able to assist with this as we cannot offer that through the forums. Support Link

• This same thing happened to me.  I have FIT files that show the difference between my EPIX 2 and my Edge 830.  I calibrated both units as per the support documents.  I went through the support chat, and they agreed to have my unit replaced, but I am out of the 1 year warranty, so it was going to cost 140US$ plus tax.

Since this didn't happen until the 9.50 software update, it didn't make sense to me to throw away hardware for a software problem.  I downloaded the 9.29 BETA software, and it is working now.

Go here, and put old software on the box until they come out with 9.60 which will hopefully have the elevation bug fixed.  You will have to set it up as a new device in your Connect, but you would have to do that anyway after replacing the unit.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14955

I did 9.29.  I had used 9.26 reliably for a few months when 9.2 was having some accessory problems on my unit.

Hope this helps.

• I now trying older version but with almost same result.Some ride are different just in few meters, but longer ride some hours and with and altitude like this is very different. 

• Same thing is happening to me...it just started doing this...obviously! Garmin screwed something up here...