This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Less or Smaller Navigation Prompts

Can I get less intrusive navigation prompts? Every time I approach a turn, I get one prompt that takes over the screen, then a second prompt that also takes over the screen. The navigation prompt stays active for several seconds after completing the turn before returning to my home screen. Overall it can be 30 seconds away from the home screen, which is frustrating during workouts with short hard efforts.

I would love to have a single bottom-of-screen notification similar to the sharp turn warning. Is anything like that possible? Or, at the very least, only one turn notification?

• If “taking over the screen” means the map is popping up, that can be changed in Settings>[your activity profile]> Navigation> Navigation prompts = Text only.

Two separate sets of prompts would indicate that Turn Guidance and Course Point Display are both turned on. Each can be turned off. On a 530, TG is in Menu>Navigation>Courses>Course options and Course Point Display appears in Menu>Navigation>Courses>Settings after a course has been loaded. The 830 may be slightly different.

I’d suggest creating a short test loop course near your home that can be used to test the effect of various navigation settings in order to determine what preferences suit you best.

• The "Text Only" fixes the taking over the screen issue. Although now I only get turn notifications some of the time. Strange that Garmin recognizes every turn when set to display the map notifications and misses turns when text only is shown. However, it works well enough for me. 

Thanks.