This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 8.30 after upgrade to 9.50 reports wrong effort level

2 weeks ago a ride of 120KM 100M elevation and I get an effort of 323 which then goes into my weekly load etc.

Did practically same ride a week later (last Saturday) and got an effort of 4 - which is clearly wrong by 300+.

This in turn knocks out all my stats and data.

Plus I know my VO2 condition status was great.

I don't use Garmin data as the holy grail but its a good indicator for me - and now it is totally shot and will take a week or two to get back to normal - meanwhile I am just about to taper!

Can you not edit the effort or is there a corruption somewhere as a result of the upgrade which happened on the morning of the ride - by coincidence?

• Hi ! What do your heart rate zones look like compared on each ride? or power zones if using a power meter. 

• Ride 2 (121km) which gave exercise load of 4 Aerobic 0.2 and Anaerobic 0.0 had following:

HR: 2.7Z Avg 5.4Z Max

Power: 2.2z Avg 7z Max

IF: 0.835

TSS: 340.2

Ride 1 (115.4km) exercise load  323 Aerobic 4.8 and Anaerobic 2.2 had following:

HR: 2.7Z Avg 5.3Z Max

Power: 2.0z Avg 7z Max

IF: 0.765

TSS: 307.2

Clearly a major issue with ride 1 load calculation - this should have been 300+ not 4!

• I’m having the same issue - a 3hr ride with two big climbs showing an exercise load of 19. 

Did you manage to find a solution or is this a 9.50 problem?

• I didn't get an answer - and now assume that it was a one off that coincidentally happened on the same dat that I upgraded to 9.5.0. It hasn't happened since. I did an 80KM easy ride today for example and relative effort was where it should have been. Maybe it's the device or maybe is strava.com back end and how it processes the data??

• Interesting - I’ll see what happens when I do my next ride! It was my first ride on 9.50 also but I’d updated a few days ahead of riding.