This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ETA to Destination / Climb Pro conflict

It's taken me a while to figure this out. I haven't changed my data screen but the behaviour has changed.

So the ETA is a bit out at the start as usual, then begins to correct once it figures AVG speed BUT when a Climb Pro kicks in, the ETA is to the top of that climb and is way out. Then after the Climb Pro has completed, the ETA goes to the destination but restarts the calculation (from the beginning of the ride, I think). It's way out. It doesn't even get close until a few mile from the end, particularly if there are other climbs.

It never used to behave this way. I can see why some people might want ETA to the top of a climb but this should be a separate data field.

Can you consider a fix please to return the original behaviour?

• In may observation it always behaved that way. It’s the same when you leave a route: ETA changes to you hitting the route and does not sum returning to te route and the rest of the route up. And I think it also does it for Segments this way. 

• It never used to behave this way with previous firmware. It's been like it a while, just never bothered to put it on here.

• It has been that way for a couple of years. It was added in build 5.50

ClimbPro Improvements
    - Added grade coloring to the elevation plot on the segment page.
    - Changed the Time to Destination data field to show estimated time to the top of the climb if ClimbPro is activated.

• Thanks, i knew it had been a while now.  It's not the ETA though. I was in the Alps last week doing 2 hour climbs.  What we needed to know was what time we would get to our destination for planning purposes.  ETA to climb top should be a different data field, possibly on the Climb pro page.