This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sharp bend warnings don´t show up.

I have the sharp bend warnings option activated, and I used to get the warnings, but they have ceased to show up. Any idea why and how it can be fixed?

• I tried it on my 530 this morning and they are not working like they used to do. I don't use them as I do not see the point in them and have them turned off. I can use my eyes or the map to see what is ahead when its safe to look at it.

I did a 40 mile ride that I usually do with lots of sharp bends and in the past it would warn me on all of them. Today I only had 2 warnings, one of them on a very sharp 90 degree bend, but the next one an identical bend about 50 metres later nothing.

And the second warning was on a very gentle arching curve to the right which is no where near being sharp so that was an unusual warning.

Maybe its something else that has been broken in an update

• It was working OK today when I used it. Maybe try toggling the setting off and then back on.

• I gave it another good try today. toggled the setting back to off and back on. In fact I did toggle it on and off yesterday.

Still not working as it was a good few months back.

Rode the same route yesterday, and nothing virtually, only saw a notification pop up twice again.

The first was on a mini roundabout where I was going straight ahead and only had to lean the bike slightly to take the curve of the roundabout. Not really a sharp bend. Cannot recall if it did it at this point yesterday as I am to busy watching for traffic on a roundabout.

The second notification was on the same gentle sweeping right hand bend again, exactly same spot. Just as I was taking a screenshot, though, the "Lap" page popped up and blacked the screen out and hid the map view.

But on all the severe 90 degree or more bends where I used to get warnings, nothing. I even tried going into the bends fast, it made no difference.

Tomorrows a rest day so I will try it again Wednesday.

I thought it could be a map problem, but its the same map that I always ride with and have done for a long time.

• Tried it again today.

At the roundabout were I had to go straight ahead and no sharp bend and I got a warning, today, I had my finger on the button to get a screenshot, watched the screen carefully and nothing happened.

Nothing happened elsewhere. Tried toggling it off and on, still nothing.

Even on two bends with turns of at least 140 degrees, still nothing.

But on the long curving bend, ensured the lap page would not pop up, and once again got a notification, but the navigation page did not pop up with the sharp bend warning today, just a background of a data field and by the time I could switch to the map page, the notification had gone. So no joy on a good screenshot.

The sharp bend warning is definitely flawed with its lack of warnings and warnings when you should not get one and has changed since last October when it worked perfectly to sometime recently

• Was working as expected on know sharp turns on way to work today.  I did get a map update after my ride (NA 2022.10).  Will see on ride home...

• I have just rode two 200 kilometer events over the weekend with some very twisty roads out in the countryside with some very dangerous bends.

On the first ride, I only saw one notification and that was on an almost straight road and there was no sharp bend anywhere near me.

On the second ride I saw 4 notifications and they was all on sharp bends.

Over both rides, there was many places where a notification should have popped up but never did.

• I try to turn them off and they still occasionally pop up with a plain 90 deg turn at an intersection. I do wish I could successfully disable them. But killing virtual partner first would be a win. ;-)

• I rode a 600 K (380 miles) event at the weekend, I saw a few sharp bend warnings, maybe about 10 at the most and that was all and presumably may have missed the same amount if I was not looking at the Edge. No where near as many as I would have expected to and once again, some of the notifications where not even on sharp bends and on sharp bends were you would expect one, nothing.

I do not use the warnings and always have them disabled, but if I had to rely on them, it would be a big disappointment. And, they definitely are not working as well as they was last year when I tried them. Something else that has been broken in the updates along the way.

As from today I will be disabling them again and not looking into the matter of them working or not anymore.