This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 830 Weather report unavailable

I'm having an issue with my Edge 830 and was wondering if anybody else was experiencing the same and knows of a fix.

To start off I'm up-to-date on all firmware/software:
     Edge 830 firmware v9.40
     Garmin Connect v4.55.2
     iPhone SE running iOS v15.5

With 100% repeatability there is only one case in which I get a weather report on the 830:  if the iPhone is unlocked and GC is open and active on the phone when I power the 830 on.  In that case the weather report page on the 830 populates as soon as the device does the initial startup sync with the phone.  In all other cases (phone unlocked with GC running in the background, phone locked, etc) the weather page on the 830 simply displays "Weather Report Unavailable", despite the unit connecting to the phone and successfully completing a sync.  In fact, if GC is not actively displayed on the phone when I power on my 830 I can't get the weather page to display data even after switching to GC on my phone and manually forcing a sync.  Doesn't matter how long I wait nor how many times I sync the 830.

I also have an Edge 130 and the weather report on it displays perfectly each time I start it up and it goes completes the power on sync with GC on my phone, whether GC is actively running in the foreground, in the background, or the phone is locked.  This is the behavior I would expect.

I don't seem to have any problems with any other Edge 830 / GC connectivity functions operating as expected, whether the app is in the foreground, the background, or the phone's locked.

I appreciate the help anyone can offer!

-Brian