This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 830 elevation issues.

Hi people. Has anyone worked out how to sort out elevation issues with the Edge 830. 

My unit was fine until one day it wasn't, since then it's all over the place. Please see the 

images to see my issues. I need to rectify every ride once i get home. 

Cheers.

• I too have recently started to have an elevation issue with my Edge830. It reads way too low and sometimes the elevation goes up and down even though I am not moving.  I have tried recalibrating to a known height but this did not change anything - still reads way too small ascending figure.

I am pretty sure it started with a recent (within the last month I think) software update.  Currently I have software version 9.40. Does anyone know how to downgrade your software?

Gordon

• Yes I have had problems with the altimeter and the degree of incline. I can't solve this in any way even doing factory reset to the equipment

• In the century before, then it was Jobst Brandt, who deceased after a long life of cycling, who wrote an algorithm for the cycle computers of that century (I think it was Avocet he worked for) including low frequency filtering etc. That worked, considering the measurement accuracy of the barometers of that time (which must have been improved a lot in 40 years) near to perfectness. Wonder why Garmin did not copy that with pride.

[edit: typo]