This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Allow users to direct alerts to their phones for devices that provide alerts (like Varia Radar).

For any tone that can play from the edge's speakers there should be an option to direct it to your phone.

I find 3rd party apps more useful for the Varia because they send the alerts to my bluetooth bone conduction headphones. It's way less likely that I'll miss a tone/alert if it's coming through my headphones.

• See my reply to your other post asking this same question.

You can pair the Varia to your phone.  Any audio from your phone would go to whatever bluetooth headphones you're using.

• As I noted elsewhere, that isn't the point of the post. I can work around the missing feature in the Edge, but that really shouldn't be required. It should just be possible with the Edge itself. I can configure other alerts, why not the Varia?

I really shouldn't need to cobble together a collection of apps for a ride if I have an Edge device. The Edge should be the integration point of my bike electronics, from shifting to radar and for the most part it does that. This seems to be an omission, made worse because it's a Garmin product and really should just shine when connected to the Garmin ecosystem.