This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 830, SRM power meter pedals and sram axs

Since I installed go axs derailleur upgrade kit, my garment won’t connect to my srm power meter pedals.  Any known conflict with the two Bluetooth signals.  I sometimes get spikes of power, buT then the readings stop altogether.  

• SRAM AXS talks to the Edge over the ANT Shifting spec. Is there a reason you are using BLE for the SRM pedals rather than ANT as the communication protocol? 

• Ble/ant are interchangeable terms in my world.  I don’t even know if there’s a way for commoners to change between the two.  I assume it’s set by the manufacturer.    Anyway…. My question is whether anyone knows if there are any known conflicts between the srm power pedals/garmin head units/sram axs system.  

• ANT+ is a sports specific data protocol and works much better than BT in most cases when using sports sensors.  When you first pair your PM to the Garmin, there will be two possible power meter options on the Garmin.  One will be ANT+ and the other BT.  Choose the ANT+.  AXS components use neither ANT+ or BT to communicated between each other.  They use a proprietary encrypted link.  They can have ANT+ or BT to communicate simple info like chosen gear, battery level, etc to head units like the Garmin.