This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 830 wattage dropouts while using it with Wahoo Kickr parallel to TrainerRoad being connected to iPhone

Hello everyone,

I'm noticing random wattage dropouts while recording an indoor workout with my Garmin Edge 830 connected to the Wahoo Kickr V5

- the Kickr is connected to the Edge as a smart trainer (NOT as a powermeter)

- the Edge is placed onto the handlebars

- at the same time the Kickr is connected with the TrainerRoad app on the iPhone: here I don't see any dropouts, the wattage graph is smooth

I'm guessing it has something to do with interference, but what is it? The Kickr being connected to both my iPhone and the Garmin Edge? Or the Edge communicating with the Kickr and my phone (as bluetooth is switched on for the TrainerRoad app). How can this be solved? Or is it something I just have to live with?

Thank you and best regards
Benedikt

• Hello 

I Have the same problem
    the edge connecting only in ANT+ with the kickr
    impossible the connecting with BT

I think that's why we have micro transmission cut-offs

I think that in BT there would not be this problem

king regards

Michael

• I'm guessing this is just something we have to live with...

• No, definitely not, but I've tried everything, firmware updates etc. Nothing worked. I guess this has something to do with interference of ANT+ with BT. Because when I'm only connecting my Garmin with the Kickr via ANT+ (without a phone connected to Kickr via BT), I have no dropouts at all. 

• I’m working with Zwift via Apple TV and it works fine with Kickr V5 and Edge 830. Kickr connected to Apple TV by BT and to Edge by ANT+. Now I can perform a Garmin workout via: Training > Workouts, while riding on a Zwift course and Zwift controls the power on the Kickr, just like performing a Garmin workout outdoors. But I can also control the Kickr on power with the Edge via: Training > Indoor Trainer, while still riding on a Zwift course. For this option, please deselect the “Controllable” switch in the “Paired  Devices” screen in Zwift. Now the Edge will control the power. Works perfect! Hopefully also with TrainerRoad.