This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Accidently deleted a ride

Yesterday I completed my first ride with my 830. The 830 performed very well and it synced to Connect quickly. Later in the day I was messing around and accidently deleted the ride from my 830 but fortunately it is still showing in my Connect account. Is there a way to copy the ride from Connect to my device? Or can I manually add the ride to my 830 so the History on my 830 matches the rides on Connect? Lots of stuff to learn! 

• Keep in mind that Garmin computers are not really designed to store rides. They gather the data and the data is stored in Connect or elsewhere and is easily brought back to the computer as a course. I usually delete the computers ride history every few months.

There may be a way to get the ride back into the history but I'm not aware of it.

• There's a way to do it but in my experience, Garmin devices do not handle large amounts of activities being stored on them all that well. Lots of maps and routes- sure no problem. Lots of activities, big problems.

In Connect- go to the Activity page (where you have the map, speed/cadence/HR/Power charts), on the far top right there will be a "Gear" icon. Select it and then "Export Original". This will download the original .FIT file to where your computer drops them. Find it and then navigate to your device, select "Garmin" then "Activities" and copy it in. It'll now live there forever, or until your device randomly resets and wipes itself clean for no apparent reason (don't bother asking Garmin, they have no clue why this happens).

Been there, done that at the 75 mile mark of a 170 mile ride and learned my lesson to keep all my Garmin device "Activity" folders, relatively empty.  I got my Garmin running again that day but it made for a very uncomfortable ride in a place I wasn't all that familiar with, wondering if I was going to have another crash.

Long story short- a relatively empty device is a happy device. And a happy device will get you home.

• OK, I learned something new. With my apple watch I can see rides from a long time ago. BTW I was able to export the Connect ride stats as a Fix for and copy it Beck to my 830.