This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stop activity

I am using Edge 830 second time. 
I use course which starts and ends at the same point I.e. like round trip. 
When I arrive to end point I can’t stop the ride. It prevents me saying that activity is still in progress. It states that I have to stop timer but it fails. Hence I can’t complete my ride and the only option is to remove device from Garmin Connect. This is weird that I have to add and remove Edge every time. 
What I am doing wrong?

Why it doesn’t stop automatically?

How to complete ride at stop activity at any given point?

Thanks

• What happens when you press the start/stop button to stop the ride? Is it at that point you get a message on the Edge that the activity is still in progress?

Don't touch anything in Garmin Connect until the activity is stopped, saved and synced.

It shouldn't stop automatically at the end of a course since the user might want to continue with another course or continue the ride without a course. It is better to press start/stop button to start and stop the ride. That will probably work best for most users.

• I would be curious what process you are walking through when you start your activity, as well as when you end the activity. An activity will not automatically "Stop" for you when you finish a course. 

• Folks,

that is exactly my problem. When I press stop/start side button it doesn’t stop. It states that some activity still processing and it first should be stopped. 
    I continue to press the button and eventually device shut down but when I start it again in a while it continues to process that activity. 
    well will try today again. Not sure which activity it was referencing 

thanks for response anyway 

P.S. My process is the following: I select saved course, click on Ride and follow until it brings me back to starting point but instead of ending/completion it fall to stop 

• Well that’s ridiculous. Today I came back and again it failed to stop when I pressed on start/stop button claiming that activity is still in progress. 
    The only option was to hold the button and do hard shutdown. 
    I am completely confused how to handle it

• You need to press the stop button on the bottom right of the 830.  Not the power button.  It will prompt you to save the ride or delete. 

• Thanks. 
    I will try tomorrow 

appreciate it

• All set

Thanks a lot

• I was also puzzled by this initially! Since it’s a touchscreen device, I kept looking for a stop icon on the lower right. Then I found the physical stop button literally on the bottom right of the Edge Grinning