This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Navigation Audio Prompts Not Working

I don't use navigation that often, but I decided to use it today with some wireless headphones (Aftershokz).

But I couldn't get the turn by turn audio prompts to work (music and email notifications work OK). They've worked months ago through the phone's speakers.

After disconnecting the headphones, I still couldn't get prompts from the phone (max volume on all settings and double checking audio prompts were enabled).

Maybe something has messed up with a Garmin Connect update(s) since I last used navigation?

I've got the latest 830 FW and the latest Android app version.

Anyone else with the same issues? Would you recommend factory resetting the 830 and reinstalling the GC app?

Thank you.

• What I'd recommend is that you don't wear headphones while riding your bike, but it's your funeral.

Do you have the settings correct in the Garmin Connect app?  see https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=7GKQD46gnB6OqTv10LutJ9 

Maybe the device config is corrupted in your Garmin Connect app, so possibly removing the device and re-adding it to GC would work.  

What kind of phone do you have?  There have been reports of varying degrees of success using GC with different brands/models of phones.

• Thanks for your help Slight smile

Point taken about wearing headphones.

Yes, the settings are correct. But I've noticed the audio volume within the audio prompt menu isn't selectable.

I just get a spinning "thinking about it" icon (see screen grab). So it looks like a problem with the app.

I'll reinstall the app and try again another day.

Samsung Galaxy S9+.

• No probs with Galaxy Buds Live and S8.  I tried Aftershokz for awhile but didn't get along with them.  I didn't try them with nav prompts.

• Thanks for the help Relaxed

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the issue.

• What I'd recommend is that you don't wear headphones while riding your bike, but it's your funeral.

In a thread about wearing headphones while cycling, I think this is worth emphasising. Far too many cyclists are injured on the road while zoned out listening to music and missing audio cues from side traffic, doors etc.

And anyway, what's sweeter than the purr of perfectly tuned gears and chain?

• Wearing headphones does not mean listening to music 

I wear headphones (just one), in case my daughter calls me. And for the audio navigation prompts.

Having the audio prompts in the ear increases security as you can concentrate more on the way rather than watching the display of the device.

So this thread is about the audio navigation prompts that are not working, I am having the same problem (with the garmin edge and the fenix) which did work before...