This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fitness Declining?

My current training status shows as unproductive and GC tells me my fitness is declining. I dont understand why and am looking for some enlightenment please.

From  the images below you can see that I'm in the correct zones for low, high aerobic and anaerobic.  Yet over the last few weeks my  o2 max has dropped from 49 to 46. I have just started the zwift 6 week FTP builder training plan which over the first week has noticeably easy workouts. Prior to starting this I was deliberately seeking out harder anaerobic workouts. You can see my 7 day load gradually decreasing..I'm assuming this is commensurate with starting the 6 week FTP and doing the first weeks easier workouts....is this then the reason that the GC app is telling me my fitness is declining? 

• I am experiencing exactly the same thing!

• Unless you are recording your zwift workouts on the garmin 830, garmin connect won’t count your ride toward the metrics you’ve noted. By connecting zwift and garmin connect, you’ll only get the rides/mileage/heart rate/power data, but my understanding is the first beat analytics only work if the device records the ride. Not when a 3rd party app sends the recorded data to garmin connect. 

• Thanks for your reply. When I do the zwift workout I also record it on my garmin 830. The edge doesn't control the smart trainer (zwift does) so doesn't know about the elevation ridden..just thinks it's a flat ride but it records the heart rate and power. On completion of workout zwift uploads to strava and I save the workout on the 830 unit which uploads it to GC. 

• I do record my Zwift workouts directly to my 830. I am aware that in a 1 hour workout on the 4 week ftp booster plan that a lot of time is spent at low intensity, warming up, recovering and cooling down. Don't know if thats relevant.

• Gotcha. You’re doing it the right way, I’m not sure then. Slight smile

• I have had the exact same issue for no reason nothing has changed for me in regards with my ridding, I would love to know why unproductive for a month now  

• As it says, not enough rest. Without recovering you won’t see improvement particularly when doing intensive exercise. 

• Personally, I don't find this to be very useful. Some of it is that I have the fenix and a 530, and for reasons that are baffling to me, Garmin doesn't mesh the data very well. But, mostly it's just strange.

Mine flips from "Peaking" to "Unproductive" and back again almost randomly.