This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

STAGES Power Meter LR

What about the compatibility of these power meters with EDGE830?

• I would like a live experience of using )

• I have the stages power meter L only and works very good. The Edge can even calibrate it. Go for it!

• Jup, i can confirm that.

• Amazing! Enjoy it!

• if i were You i should avoid the Stages, for MTB i would buy this one: https://www.power2max.com/en/product/ngeco-mtb-shimano-power-meter-spider/  half price and this is the 2nd best powermeter on the market now (the NG is the 1st). You will have problems with Stages on MTB, the water, the dust will kill the electronics, the battery door is a cr@p, and You will have many false high power spikes on bumpy downhills (It's known as Stages's disease)

• Ok, I'll explore this option. My variant for 1000 € will have a set: new cranks with power meters and a chainring. I have long been looking towards replacing the FSA Comet with XTR9100. I now have a cadence sensor from Garmin, I will not say that it gets very dirty.

• then choose M9100 crankset, this NGeco spider and additional chainring to the Eco. If You will use your mtb or cx bike in wet /muddy track then it will be dirty for sure .  it's a picture 2 days ago (CX NatChamp in my country) :) . I have lots of friends who bought Stages in past years (Gen1, Gen2 even Gen3 for road bike and mtb, everybody replaced it to a spider based one /except who is sponsored.../ , some had 2-3 RMA procedures due to dead sensor, etc. )  If You are serious rider, You will choose the NGEco (and wont be disappointed for sure, i own 3 NGs now since 3-4years on my roadbikes, before it i had 4pcs TypeS just i wanted even better accuracy and precision and recharging battery). It doesnt need calibration, it has autocalibration, so You just sit up your bike and pedal and the measurement always will be accurate and reliable. the Shimano based L+R crank power meter solutions are worse than the L only due to the material of the right side crank is terrible, not homogene and the strain gauges in right side dont work precisely (underreporting the right power, there are many articles about it on web) And the true L/R balance is not an important thing , just if You recover from a serious wound and wanna know where is your wounded leg comparing to the healthy one. The most important thing with pmeters is the reliability , the accuracy, easy handling and user-proof (the user cant do any wrong with it for inaccurate measuring). If You check the 2nd hand prices on web, the P2M models have higher price because everybody knows that it is german engineering, the faulty unit % is almost 0 , You buy it once and done, the reason why You wanna sell is a new (and even better) P2M model is released and wanna upgrade for that (as i did too)

• Yes, I agree, NGeco looks more reliable. You can say you convinced me)