This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Latest map version? Aus/NZ

Hi All,

I feel like the maps on my 830 are rather old. They show as being Garmin Cycle Map AUS/NZ 2018.20

Is this the latest? Garmin Express (on Mac) says they're up to date but I've seen mention of 2019.20 and even 2020.20 elsewhere.

If there's an update, how do I force it to install?

Thanks!

• you can reinstall the maps via Garmin Express

• Garmin Express says what I have is up to date. I don't believe it, hence the question what actually is the latest version

• I saw another question in your Post, hence my answer ;-)

Im in Europe so I can't see what's up to date for Aus/NZ, but I can tell you how to force a new map install.
    BTW, just try it, you don't loose anything but time. Maybe Express shows something wrong and pulls a newer map?

• I have AUS/NZ maps.  Garmin Express says I'm up to date with Routable Cycle Map 2019.20 and Trainforks 2018.20.  Different region maps don't all update at the same time apparently.  If you are on AUS/NZ Routable Cycle Map 2018.20 it should have updated by now.  I'm expecting 2020.20 to come thru soon as well but not fussed as for me OSM works better.  Try Reinstall Map

• I'm on my second 830 - this will be important in a minute...

I wondered if there was a problem because I was using a Mac so I've tried a Windows PC today. This PC had previously sync'd my first 830 and was saying that Aus/NZ routable was version 2019.20 and was the latest.

As soon as I plugged in the new unit it sync'd and said I was up to date with the installed maps at version 2018.20! Reinstalling makes no difference.

It did also say that the Trailforks maps I have were up to date at 2019.10, so there's something very odd going on.

Looks like a phonecall to Garmin support is on the cards

• Please share any information you get from Garmin

• I've sent off logs and screenshots to Garmin. v2020.20 maps are rolling out for Aus/NZ I was told.

They're escalating my case to engineering...

• So in case anyone's wondering, Garmin have obviously changed something in the background and the latest (2020.10) Aus/NZ maps have now loaded onto my device.

I've changed nothing and the latest maps actually showed as being available before I updated Garmin Express to the very latest version.

I'm happy again!