This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Elevation is very wrong, after update to 5.50 version

Does anyone know what really happens? I already installed version 5.51 and it also doesn't work. Everything was normal before the update from version 5.50. I count on any help. Thank you.

• Same here. Did a reset and it was better. As in Elevation was right, but grade totally off during ride and end of ride just looks like I rode a mount, not all the up down. 

• Same here, any updates on a fix?

• Have had one exchange with support. Just working through some questions right now. Have shared like rides with 830 from May and now and they are very different. Compared them with 820 like ride. Let you know if I hear anything. 

• Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.

• Questions does your do this? 

So when I turn on my 830 and look at my elevation, either from the data screen or going into the nav settings, it will start at the right elevation (386ft here) and then actually start going down even though I'm not moving? Sit long enough and I'm in negative numbers underground! The reset I did before would do the same thing but would climb on its own for about 800ft, and when done the elevation profile is just a round camel back and shows nothing like the actual ride elevation. 

These are what I shared with support. 

Same route but May 13 and July 3rd. Can't remember when v5.50 pushed or if my device has its own problem. Have full reset twice with same results. 

What are you finding? Maybe there is something I can add to my conversation with them

Bov - 
    Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/O7jCA3UuR7
    Bov Hawk
    Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/3TCPZH4uR7
  • I have already reset the device and nothing, I am absolutely sure that the error started in version 5. The worst is not having support from Garmin. Unfortunate.

• Hi, I'm writing from Colombia, South America. Please excuse my english.

When I turn on the Edge 830 I see the elevation never starts at the correct elevation of the place I live (I know pretty close what is the elevation here 986m) it usually starts a bit high (1100m) and then it starts going up. Other times I turn it on and it starts showing really high (1500m) and then slowly starts going down to 1100m-1050m never to the exact 980m. What is most frustrating is the elevation gain after a ride, I did a group ride last week with some friends they have 510, 520, 520 plus; the ride showed an average of 1300m of elevation gain in all of them, my 830 showed 600m and did the same route. All the rides I've done have been compared with the same rides in the past and now are showing lower altitude gains. 

Thank you.

• Save your home location and set the elevation for the location to the correct value.  Now when you start an activity from your home the elevation will be set to the correct value (the value you set for the location).

• My 830 elevation goes down while I'm not moving. When I turn on the unit and look at the info in the nav, elevation drops about a 1ft every 3 seconds and just keeps going.