This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

830 stuck in Startup loop

Dear all,

After coupling my Edge 830 to my iMac today it is stuck in a startup loop. Meaning it starts, on the screen is the "loading courses, routes and waypoints" visible and then the Edge shuts down and starts up again. I can force it into USB mode to read the memory and I already cleared the waypoints, activities and courses folders. Also the New Files folder and I reinstalled the map.

Wat is strange that today, while cycling, I had to brake hard and the incident detection kicked in. I stopped it and went on with the ride. Coming home I stopped and saved the ride and synced via my phone. Now, during the startup loop, when keeping the on/off button pressed, for a brief moment a " Get assistance" screen appears as shown. I managed to take a picture:

I tried to push the arrow, but the Edge does not respond and the screen is visible for half a second or so.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the Edge out of the startup loop, or do I have to send the device to Garmin?

Thanks a lot,

Marc

• I have the same thing on my 530. Nothing on the forums works......aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

• Well, I brought mine back to the shop and got a new one. Probably it’s not fixable. 

• I have a 530 with exactly the same issue and The same collision screen that momentarily flashes by. I’ve tried *everything* in the forums when in USSB mode to clear files etc and even used the v551 beta although it wouldn’t install it (assume the boot loader is stuck somehow before it tries to load new firmware).. Garmin have always been so helpful when I’ve called them so hoping to ring today

• Was that resolved? I'm having the same issue now,

• Yes but Unfort it required a return to Garmin who sent a replacement.  I started a support ticket and explained it was in the loop plus I videoed the startup and then screenshot the one frame where it shows a collision detection issue and attached it. The nice Garmin chap I then spoke to said that collision frame was the clincher and they said it couldn’t be resolved by putting down a clean firmware version or restoring and old one. 

happy to help more if I can.