This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 830 Elevation Screen behavior

When a course is loaded, this works fine. A dot shows your position on the green sloped "hill", which scrolls to the left as you ride.

But I would expect this to work the same way when you use the 830 to navigate to a location. It does not. No dot. The map shows you where you are. The screen shows some kind of change that is seemingly related to your ride. It does change, and scrolls to the left, but with no dot.

In a related matter, if you are riding with no course or no navigation, same thing. The elevation screen is showing something, it does change. Does it mean anything? Does it show past elevation, since the data could show where you have been, but obviously not where you are about to go.

Software 5.5 

• If you are not following a course or navigating it is showing the elevation history, and your position is on the leading edge of the plot.

• Thank you, I see what you mean. By "leading edge" you mean the right side of the screen.

But I have had spotty results. 2 rides ago, I could not make this feature fail. I plotted several destinations during a ride, and each time the blue marker appeared perfectly on the elevation screen. On today's ride, I could not get it to work. Again, I plotted a route (back to start, fastest way), and no blue marker. Then I cancelled that and browsed the map, set a point, selected "ride", and again no marker on the elevation screen. Sounds like a bug to me.

• Currently there is no marker when navigation to a point. It currently works for pre-defined courses.

I have submitted an enhancement request to add that when using the address/POI navigation. 

• Have you noticed that when you select a point /Poi/saved location to navigate to; the map zooms to a scale, which shows your current location & destination with a route displayed. However if you're on a ride & select back to start the map displayed zooms in on your start point (destination) at a ridiculous 5m scale before you start to navigate & you have to manual zoom out to see the route. Well it does on my 1030 anyway. I submitted a bug report ages ago to no avail