This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

drink / eat alerts

Hey.

Is there a chance to make eat/drink visual alert stays on screen until tap?
I've set 10min drink and 30min eat alert but it stays on screen too short to notice on XCO courses.

• I'd like a data field to show me the count of each or qty of Calories/ ml of hydration.

• Is there a chance to make eat/drink visual alert stays on screen until tap

Great feature suggestion.  My old ears don't hear the alerts, and I typically miss the eat/drink reminders.

• Just saw a great suggestion over on the TrainerRoad forum. They said use Smart Eat and hit the lap key every time you eat. Then put a lap counter field on a screen. That way when you get a prompt you'll know if you've missed any. 

• use Smart Eat and hit the lap key every time you eat. Then put a lap counter field on a screen. That way when you get a prompt you'll know if you've missed any. 

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I don't understand how this helps me know if I missed a Drink/eat alert.  Especially when smart alerts don't necessary come at defined intervals.

• No, you're not dense because it's a hacky workaround, not a full on fix. a full fix would be a counter for drink and a counter for eat where the field would increment and change colors until it was acknowledged. The hack isn't even a half measure as it still requires you to provide input AND not miss the prompt.

• Ah.  I'm better off setting up drink/eat alerts on my fenix (even though f7 doesn't support smart alerts) so I can feel when the alert buzzes me.  This is my work-around for the 515 radar alerts since I can't hear the 830.